Suncoast Aphasia Support Group Agenda
Monday October 2nd, 2017 at 5:30pm
Auditorium Room 170, 5741 Bee Ridge Road, Sarasota, FL
- Snacks will be provided by Kathy & Dan, thank you! Is there a volunteer for November?
- Introduction of any new members or guests
- The restaurant tonight will be Rico’s, 1902 Bay Road (west on Bee Ridge then cross 41)
- Happy Birthday this month to: Dale 10/9 (and Dan P 9/30) Happy Birthday to you both!!
Old and New Business
- The Sarasota 911 Emergency Responders Center presentation is scheduled for Nov 6th
- Reading Group continues on the 3rd and 4th Mondays of each month at 10:15 at the Unitarian Universalist Church on Fruitville Road. Thank you Donna & Jan!!
- Dinner Outing: October’s dinner outing will be on Friday, October 20th at 6pm at Gecko’s located at 5585 Palmer Crossing Circle (Honore & Clark Roads), Sarasota
- Breakfast Club: October’s breakfast club will be Thursday October 12th at 10am at Millie’s, located at 3900 Clark Road Bldg N, Sarasota
- The Fall Picnic at South Lido Beach Park will be Saturday October 14th. We will have a food sign up sheet tonight. Are there any volunteers to get there early to get the tables?
- Save the date: Our annual Christmas party will be Saturday December 2nd at the Wilbanks House in Pelican Cove (thank you Betty Mitchell!!) More details to follow
- The Voices of Hope has a two-day workshop "I have aphasia - now what?" at Blake Medical Center in Bradenton on Oct 19th & 20th. The workshop is designed to help people use communication strategies and improve communication at home
- The Voices of Hope Talent Show and Gala that was scheduled for September 23rd was cancelled due to the hurricane. There is no rescheduled date as of yet
· Group Discussion: We all have a story, but let’s discuss the positive things that came out of Hurricane Irma and what are you grateful for now after going through the storm?
· Breakout: What have you improved in since your stroke and what are your goals now?
We hope you will all join us tonight for dinner at Rico’s
Pictures from Recent Events:
Picnic, Break Outs at Monthly Meetings, Reading Club and more
Ceramics Day at the O'Briens - 2016
Lido Beach Picnic April 2016
Survivor's break out at monthly meeting. Co-survivor's break out at monthly meeting
Congratulations Joan G. Allen Pfeiffer,
a survivor, on your new book,
"Fluttering: Poems of Hope." We celebrate birthdays each month.
Jan Bisset and Donna Polelle, college professors of Speech Therapy, are
offering a free Reading Cub for our members. What a terrific opportunity!
Book Club, winter 2014
Copyright 2013 by Suncoast Aphasia Support Group